Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov IIA's school code is:
Once at the FAFSA site, you will go through the following steps (you might want to print out this page as a guide):
1. Under "Filling Out a FAFSA", click on "Fill our a FAFSA"
2. Choose first time FAFSA on the web
3. Answer "no" to the question: Do you want to sign your application now by using your pin?
4. Complete "password" Section
2 letters of last name
Create a password
5. Read infor page before beginning FAFSA on web
6. Answer screen reader question "Yes" if you have low vision
7. Select "full time" for questions 17-21
8. For question 29, choose "Associate degree (occupational training)"
When you have completed the application
9. Print and submit signature page
10. After printing signature page, click "Next" to continue submission process
11. Click "Print FINAL copy for your records
12. Review completing instructions
13. Click "Submit FAFSA now"
You will be taken to a page that says "Submission Comfirmation"
14. Note confirmation number
15. Note Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
16. You will receive a copy of your application, called the Student Aid Report (SAR) in the mail within four weeks
17. IIA will also receive an electronic copy of the SAR
Complete your online
When you have finished with the FAFSA process, you are ready to move on to the Student Loans